Corn cream soup with crispy ham chips
In autumn soup not only tastes delicious, but warms from the inside. Add delicious ham chips to it and it becomes an autumnal meal of the day.
Recipe for 4 people.
- 300 g potatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 can corn
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 200 g cream
- 800 ml vegetable broth
- 15 g ham, black forest
- 2 teaspoons chives, preferably frozen
- salt, pepper and nutmeg for seasoning
- First peel and halve the onion. Then cut into fine cubes.
- Peel the potatoes as well and cut them into equal pieces.
- Then drain the can of corn in a sieve and rinse once with cold water. Now drain the corn well.
- Heat two tablespoons of oil in a large pot. Sauté the potatoes and also the onions for just under 4 minutes. Then add the corn, except for 2 tablespoons, to the pot and sauté for another 2 minutes. Now also add the broth and the cream.
- Let the soup simmer for about 20 minutes on low heat.
- Meanwhile, brush a frying pan with a tablespoon of oil. Fry the ham in it until crispy. Then put it on a paper towel and let it drain.
- After the cooking time, blend the soup with a hand blender. Add salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste and season once.
- Finally, serve the soup in small bowls and decorate with a bit of ham chips. The remaining corn and chives may also be used as garnish.
We wish you good appetite!
Follow us on social media
Have you checked out our blog yet?
Here you can find a small selection of interesting blog posts
Pizza rolls Preparation time: 20 minutes Baking time: 25-30 minutes Total approx. 2 hours Quantity 7 pieces Ingredients for dough: 400 g pizza flour 1/2 cube yeast 1 tsp sugar 220 ml water 30 ml olive oil 1 tsp salt (Alternatively use a ready-made pizza dough)...
Stuffed chicken breast pockets Preparation approx. 20 minutesGrilling approx. 25-30 minutes Ingredients: 3 slightly larger chicken breast fillets 1 tablespoon chicken seasoning 1 tablespoon olive oil broccoli 4-6 mushrooms 60 g shaved cheese salt/pepper/pepper...
Bagels Working time: 15 minutesResting time: 75 minutesTotal time: about 110 minutesRecipe for 6 Ingredients: 180 ml warm milk 1/2 cube yeast 10 g sugar 320 g flour 25 g soft butter 1 teaspoon salt 1 egg white to coat sesame seeds, sunflower seeds or pumpkin...