Flank Steak Pinwheels
The grilled summer roulade: Flank Steak Pinwheels are a stuffed flank steak thinly sliced and served on a skewer.
- 1 flank steak
- 2 teaspoons BBQ RUB
- 150 g cheddar cheese in slices
- 1 scoop mozzarella
- 75 g arugula
- Wooden skewers
- kitchen twine
- some clarified butter
- The flank steak is cut open (best to leave 1 cm so that it does not tear too quickly when rolling) and then unfold.
- The BBQ RUB is now sprinkled evenly over it. Then add the cheddar slices and the arugula. Thinly slice the mozzarella and place on top of the arugula.
- Then roll up the flank steak with the filling, as tightly as possible so that the filling is fixed.
- With the kitchen twine it is then gathered at a distance of 2.5 -3 cm. This distance is important so that you can cut it later between the yarn. At the places where the yarn now lies the wooden skewers come in.
- The roll can now be cut between the yarn.
- Bring the griddle or pan properly to temperature and brush with the clarified butter.
- Then sear the pinwheels for 2-3 minutes on each side.
On the grill in the indirect area at 180/200 degrees I put them then on wooden planks until they reach the desired core temperature.
(after 10 minutes they are then at about 58/59 degrees – here everyone can pay attention to their desired core temperature).
Tip: If you put the pinwheels on wooden planks, you don’t have the problem that the filling runs out and you have more of the content.
We wish you good appetite!
*** The recipe was created in collaboration with Katrin | Food & BBQ. Feel free to check her out on Instagram and get inspired! ***
Follow us on social media
Have you checked out our blog yet?
Here you can find a small selection of interesting blog posts
Pizza rolls Preparation time: 20 minutes Baking time: 25-30 minutes Total approx. 2 hours Quantity 7 pieces Ingredients for dough: 400 g pizza flour 1/2 cube yeast 1 tsp sugar 220 ml water 30 ml olive oil 1 tsp salt (Alternatively use a ready-made pizza dough)...
Stuffed chicken breast pockets Preparation approx. 20 minutesGrilling approx. 25-30 minutes Ingredients: 3 slightly larger chicken breast fillets 1 tablespoon chicken seasoning 1 tablespoon olive oil broccoli 4-6 mushrooms 60 g shaved cheese salt/pepper/pepper...
Bagels Working time: 15 minutesResting time: 75 minutesTotal time: about 110 minutesRecipe for 6 Ingredients: 180 ml warm milk 1/2 cube yeast 10 g sugar 320 g flour 25 g soft butter 1 teaspoon salt 1 egg white to coat sesame seeds, sunflower seeds or pumpkin...