Mediterranean vegetable casserole
Simple and quick to prepare.
- Servings: 2-3
- Preparation time: approx. 15 min.
- Cooking time: approx. 60 min. (may vary depending on the type of oven)
- 300g floury potatoes
- 200g green courgettes
- 200g yellow courgette
- 200g aubergine
- 1 shallot or red onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 300ml passata
- 1 tsp cornflour (optional)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp aceto balsamico
- 1 scoop mozzarella
- Salt, pepper
- Preheat the oven to approx. 180 degrees top and bottom heat.
- Peel the potatoes and wash and dry the vegetables and fresh rosemary.
- Cut the courgettes, potatoes and aubergine into approx. 3-4 mm thin slices and set aside.
- Peel the shallot or onion and garlic, chop finely and place in a bowl
- Add dried herbs, balsamic vinegar, cornflour if using and passata and mix with a spoon
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and spread a spoonful of the sauce in a baking dish
- Now alternate the vegetables, potatoes and sauce in the casserole dish, e.g. courgette – potato – aubergine – sauce and repeat until the ingredients have been used up, ending with the sauce as the last layer.
- Halve the mozzarella ball and cut one half into large cubes.
- Cut the rosemary twig in half and carefully slide the mozzarella cubes onto the twig
- Place the mozzarella and rosemary sprig on top of the casserole and spread the remaining mozzarella, plucked, over it
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees top and bottom heat on a medium shelf for approx. 1h until the cheese is golden brown and the vegetables have softened. If the cheese is already too brown, cover with aluminium foil and continue baking.
We wish you good appetite!
The recipe was created in collaboration with Lena Wellermann.
Follow us on social media
Have you checked out our blog yet?
Here you can find a small selection of interesting blog posts
Pizza rolls Preparation time: 20 minutes Baking time: 25-30 minutes Total approx. 2 hours Quantity 7 pieces Ingredients for dough: 400 g pizza flour 1/2 cube yeast 1 tsp sugar 220 ml water 30 ml olive oil 1 tsp salt (Alternatively use a ready-made pizza dough)...
Stuffed chicken breast pockets Preparation approx. 20 minutesGrilling approx. 25-30 minutes Ingredients: 3 slightly larger chicken breast fillets 1 tablespoon chicken seasoning 1 tablespoon olive oil broccoli 4-6 mushrooms 60 g shaved cheese salt/pepper/pepper...
Bagels Working time: 15 minutesResting time: 75 minutesTotal time: about 110 minutesRecipe for 6 Ingredients: 180 ml warm milk 1/2 cube yeast 10 g sugar 320 g flour 25 g soft butter 1 teaspoon salt 1 egg white to coat sesame seeds, sunflower seeds or pumpkin...