Pulled Chicken Wraps
In summer, it’s nice to have lighter dishes. Here at home, it’s a popular dinner on warm summer days: summer wraps with pulled chicken and mozzarella filling.
Preparation time: 2.5 hours
Preparation: approx. 30 minutes
Cooking time: 2 hours
- approx. 1 to 1.2 kg (4 large) chicken breast fillets (it tastes more intense with corn chicken breast).
- 3-4 tablespoons BBQ or Chicken RUB
- a little clarified butter or oil (for frying)
- 2 red onions
- 2 hot peppers (red and yellow)
- 2 red peppers
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 500 ml rustic (or strained) tomatoes
- 500 ml chicken stock
- 1 heaped teaspoon salt
- 8 peppercorns (or 1 teaspoon pepper)
- 1 tablespoon cane sugar
- 100 ml BBQ sauce (preferably a slightly hotter one)
Ingredients for the stuffing:
- 6 wraps
- 1 cup crème fraîche
- 2 scoops mozzarella
- Cocktail tomatoes or coloured tomatoes
- 1 bunch of chives
- BBQ sauce (the sauce from the Pulled Chicken also goes well)
- Wash the chicken breast fillet and pat dry. Then rub with the RUB or sprinkle/season on all sides. Place in a freezer bag or tin and seal so that the spice can soak in… then place in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Prepare in the Dutch Oven with 24 briquettes in the kindling chimney!
- Then start preparing the ingredients. You are probably ready when the briquettes have glowed through and you can start.
- Put the ingredients in individual bowls so that you can add everything more easily and quickly afterwards.
- Take the chicken breast out of the fridge.
- Peel the onions and garlic!
- Dice the onions and chop the garlic as finely as possible.
- Then remove the seeds from the peppers and chilli peppers and chop these into small pieces too.
- Halve or quarter the tomatoes, depending on their size.
- The spices can be put together in a small bowl.
- The briquettes should now be glowing and you can put the Dutch Oven on the fireplace. There will be a lot of heat from underneath that is needed for browning.
- Put the clarified butter into the Dutch Oven, let it melt and add the onions until they become translucent. Then add the garlic briefly, followed by the peppers and chillies, then stir in the tomato purée.
- Now deglaze the vegetables with the chicken stock and add the strained and fresh tomatoes. Stir in the spices and sugar, season briefly if necessary and then add the BBQ sauce.
- Then you can finally put the chicken breast fillets into the sauce. They should be covered by the sauce!
- The briquettes are now distributed. Place 9 briquettes under the Dutch Oven and 15 briquettes on the lid.
- Allow the chicken fillet to simmer for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- In the meantime, prepare the filling for the wraps. Wash the lettuce and pat dry, slice the mozzarella, quarter the tomatoes and cut the chives into small rolls.
- Provide a small baking dish or bowl and remove the chicken from the Dutch Oven and pull apart with 2 forks. It will literally fall apart. Then mix with some of the sauce (you don’t need too much of the sauce or the chicken will be too wet to fill the wraps).
- Spread some crème fraîche on the wraps, spread the lettuce on top and top with the chicken and the rest of the ingredients.
- Finally, drizzle with a little BBQ sauce and roll up.
- Tip: The remaining sauce can be eaten the next day with pasta.
Enjoy your meal!
*** The recipe was created in collaboration with Katrin | Food & BBQ. Feel free to check her out on Instagram and get inspired! ***
Follow us on social media
Have you checked out our blog yet?
Here you can find a small selection of interesting blog posts
Pizza rolls Preparation time: 20 minutes Baking time: 25-30 minutes Total approx. 2 hours Quantity 7 pieces Ingredients for dough: 400 g pizza flour 1/2 cube yeast 1 tsp sugar 220 ml water 30 ml olive oil 1 tsp salt (Alternatively use a ready-made pizza dough)...
Stuffed chicken breast pockets Preparation approx. 20 minutesGrilling approx. 25-30 minutes Ingredients: 3 slightly larger chicken breast fillets 1 tablespoon chicken seasoning 1 tablespoon olive oil broccoli 4-6 mushrooms 60 g shaved cheese salt/pepper/pepper...
Bagels Working time: 15 minutesResting time: 75 minutesTotal time: about 110 minutesRecipe for 6 Ingredients: 180 ml warm milk 1/2 cube yeast 10 g sugar 320 g flour 25 g soft butter 1 teaspoon salt 1 egg white to coat sesame seeds, sunflower seeds or pumpkin...