Sweet potato gnocchi and herb pesto
- 400 gram potatoes
- One large sweet potato
- 200 grams wholemeal spelt flour
- One egg
- 30 grams of walnut kernels
- 30 grams cashew nuts
- 40 grams parsley (2 bunches)
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- Two cloves of garlic
- 60 grams of Parmesan cheese in one piece (30% fat in dry matter is recommended)
- 70 millilitres olive oil
- One red onion
- Three carrots
- 40 grams baby spinach
- Spices: Pepper, salt, nutmeg
- Peel and wash the sweet potato and potato. Now cut into cubes and cook in boiling water for about 15-20 minutes. Then drain and let it steam off. Now mash.
- Add the egg and flour. Season with turmeric, grated nutmeg and salt and mix into a dough. Shape the dough into rolls of equal thickness and dust with flour.
- Leave to rest for 15 minutes.
- For the pesto, roughly chop the cashews and walnuts and roast in a pan over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Leave to cool for 5 minutes.
- First wash the parsley, then dry it and pluck the leaves. Chop the garlic and coarsely grate the Parmesan. Using a hand blender, finely puree 40 g of the nut and seed mixture, the garlic, parsley and 50 ml of the oil. Now mix in 40 grams of the Parmesan and season the pesto with salt.
- Chop the onions into small pieces. Then wash the carrots and cut into small cubes. Wash and dry the spinach.
- Divide the resting rolls into approx. 1 cm thick pieces with a knife and roll them into small, elongated balls. Now press the typical gnocchi pattern into the dough. This works very well with a fork. Then cook the gnocchi over a low heat in boiling salted water for about 6 minutes.
- Heat the remaining oil in a pan and add the onions with the carrots. Fry over a medium heat.
- Gently remove the gnocchi from the water with a skimmer and add to the carrots. Mix everything together and season with salt and pepper. Serve with
- Presto, the remaining nut and seed mix, spinach and Parmesan and enjoy.
Follow us on social media
Have you checked out our blog yet?
Here you can find a small selection of interesting blog posts
Pizza rolls Preparation time: 20 minutes Baking time: 25-30 minutes Total approx. 2 hours Quantity 7 pieces Ingredients for dough: 400 g pizza flour 1/2 cube yeast 1 tsp sugar 220 ml water 30 ml olive oil 1 tsp salt (Alternatively use a ready-made pizza dough)...
Stuffed chicken breast pockets Preparation approx. 20 minutesGrilling approx. 25-30 minutes Ingredients: 3 slightly larger chicken breast fillets 1 tablespoon chicken seasoning 1 tablespoon olive oil broccoli 4-6 mushrooms 60 g shaved cheese salt/pepper/pepper...
Bagels Working time: 15 minutesResting time: 75 minutesTotal time: about 110 minutesRecipe for 6 Ingredients: 180 ml warm milk 1/2 cube yeast 10 g sugar 320 g flour 25 g soft butter 1 teaspoon salt 1 egg white to coat sesame seeds, sunflower seeds or pumpkin...