Working time: 15 minutes
Resting time: 75 minutes
Total time: about 110 minutes
Recipe for 6
- 180 ml warm milk
- 1/2 cube yeast
- 10 g sugar
- 320 g flour
- 25 g soft butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white to coat
- sesame seeds, sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds
- Boil 3 liters of water with 30 g of sugar for the bagel bath.
- Prepare the yeast dough: In the warm milk (about 37 degrees) crumble the yeast and add the sugar and mix everything. Cover and let stand for a few minutes and then add the flour, salt and softened butter and mix everything together to make a smooth yeast dough.
- Place the dough in a floured bowl and cover. After 1 hour, the dough should have approximately doubled in size.
- Now divide this into 6 pieces and shape into balls of the same size.
- Pierce a hole in the center with a wooden spoon handle and expand slightly (or place on top of the bagel cones if there are any).
- Then let the bagels rest for another 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil the water with the sugar and bathe the bagels in it for 15-20 seconds, one after the other, and then place them on the baking sheet.
- Topping: Brush the bagels with the egg white and sprinkle the seeds/grains/sesame seeds on top.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees and then bake the bagels for 15-17 minutes.
We wish you good appetite!
*** The recipe was created in collaboration with Katrin | Food & BBQ. Feel free to check her out on Instagram and get inspired! ***
Follow us on social media
Have you checked out our blog yet?
Here you can find a small selection of interesting blog posts
Pizza rolls Preparation time: 20 minutes Baking time: 25-30 minutes Total approx. 2 hours Quantity 7 pieces Ingredients for dough: 400 g pizza flour 1/2 cube yeast 1 tsp sugar 220 ml water 30 ml olive oil 1 tsp salt (Alternatively use a ready-made pizza dough)...
Stuffed chicken breast pockets Preparation approx. 20 minutesGrilling approx. 25-30 minutes Ingredients: 3 slightly larger chicken breast fillets 1 tablespoon chicken seasoning 1 tablespoon olive oil broccoli 4-6 mushrooms 60 g shaved cheese salt/pepper/pepper...
Blueberry buns Dough: 300 g wheat flour type 550 15 g fresh yeast 1 pinch of salt 100 ml milk 1 egg 50 ml water 45 g sugar 30 ml olive oil (or butter) Filling: Blueberry / blueberry jelly or jam 150 g blueberries / blueberries 20 g brown sugar ...