adelmayer® diamond honing paste (10 g)
✔️ Long life: The pastes slow down the wear of the tools and prolong their life.
✔️ Economical use: a few small amounts of the paste on the leather are enough to get the desired results.
✔️ Sharp results: Due to the different grits, you can achieve razor-sharp results.
adelmayer's Promise of Quality
To make the decision to buy a little easier, we take the risk completely on ourselves and give you a promise. If for some reason you don't like something, you will get your money back, as long as the product is in original condition. Up to 30 days after your purchase!
Details of the honing paste from adelmayer
Honing paste for Damascus knives
The sharpest combination since Damascus knives have been around is still the adelmayer honing paste and the adelmayer honing leather! To ensure that you can enjoy adelmayer’s high-quality Damascus knives for several years to come, you should resharpen the blade regularly. The diamond honing paste is available in four different grits. Start with a coarse grit at level 1 and work your way up to the finest grit at level 4. Finally, you have an ultra-sharp knife in your hands.
What is a honing paste?
A honing paste is applied to the honing leather and evenly distributed on the honing surface. The different grits of the paste ensure that the blade of your Damascus knife regains its former sharpness during subsequent sharpening. If you maintain your adelmayer Damascus knives at regular intervals with a diamond honing paste and the adelmayer honing leather, you slow down the wear of the blade and at the same time extend the life of your Damascus knives.
The correct application of adelmayer honing paste
The paste is applied thinly to the honing leather (not included) and spread evenly with your finger. For your convenience, you will find the numbers 1-4 on the honing leather.
- No. 1: Start with 2.5 microns = 2000 grain size
- No. 2: 1.5 microns = 6000 grain size
- No. 3: 1 micron = 8000 grain size
- No. 4: 0.5 microns = 16000 grain size
(After each operation, you move on to the next number – as with the stone).
The paste must then be allowed to dry until it no longer stains.
- Lay the knife flat on the honing leather to get the correct angle afterwards.
- Now lift the back of the knife at an angle of about 10-12°.
- Always move the knife with the back first, keeping a steady pressure.
- As soon as the back of the knife reaches the end of the belt, pull it over the leather belt at a 10° angle.
- Repeat this in the opposite direction, again with the back of the knife first and at a 10° angle. This is how you move the knife back and forth.
- Repeat this process eight to ten times on each side as needed.
- Now the grade is “broken off” with the help of the diamond side so that it does not interfere with the subsequent cutting. The angle should also be held approximately at this point. Now work against the cutting edge without exerting pressure. It is easy to imagine that you are really carving on a stick.
- When the grade is gone, the polishing compound is used on the honing leather. Here, too, the angle is maintained, and the knife is pulled over the honing leather with a little pressure. The honing leather turns black, which shows that you are doing everything right.
Do you own large knife equipment and want to maintain it according to all the rules of the art? Then you should always have the diamond sharpening paste from adelmayer at hand. This way you can use the sharpening paste in your own four walls, in the outdoor kitchen or also at show cooking and inspire your guests, family and spectators with your self-acquired expertise.
- Perfect for sharpening Damascus knives
- Perfectly suitable for amateur and professional grillers
- Everywhere where sharp knives must be handy
Also in the private household, a grinding paste is the ideal accessory for sharp knives.
Scope of delivery
You want to maintain your knife collection regularly so that you can continue to enjoy working with your knives for years to come? We have the diamond honing paste in four different grain sizes for you in our assortment. We’ll send it to you quickly so that you can start caring for and sharpening your blades right away.
adelmayer® Damascus all-purpose knife 13 cm hand-ground with walnut handle129,90€
adelmayer® Damascus bird’s beak paring knife 7.5 cm hand-ground with walnut handle99,90€
adelmayer® Damascus brisket knife 26 cm hand-ground with walnut handle209,90€
adelmayer® Damascus carving fork 18 cm with walnut handle139,90€