White asparagus with cheese as a little extra
For the special preparation of white asparagus for four people you will need:
- 500 g fresh white asparagus
- 250 g sliced Edam or Gouda cheese
- 250 g sliced cooked ham
- 2 beaten eggs
- 100 g flour
- Oil for the pan
- 100 g breadcrumb flour
- The fresh asparagus is peeled and then cooked. To do this, it is placed in salted water. The asparagus will be juicier if a small piece of butter is added to the water. The asparagus should not be overcooked, but still slightly firm.
- Then wrap a slice of cheese around each two spears. Place a slice of cooked ham on top of the cheese. To prevent the ham and cheese from coming loose during frying, it may help to fix them with a toothpick.
- Put the flour, eggs and breadcrumbs on a plate. The small parcels of asparagus, ham and cheese are first dredged in the flour, then moistened in the egg and finally covered with breadcrumbs. It is important to make sure that the breadcrumbs stick to the ham from all sides.
- A frying pan is heated and the oil is also used now. The asparagus parcels are now fried until they have a crispy crust. They can then be enjoyed warm or cold.
Follow us on social media
Have you checked out our blog yet?
Here you can find a small selection of interesting blog posts
Pizza rolls Preparation time: 20 minutes Baking time: 25-30 minutes Total approx. 2 hours Quantity 7 pieces Ingredients for dough: 400 g pizza flour 1/2 cube yeast 1 tsp sugar 220 ml water 30 ml olive oil 1 tsp salt (Alternatively use a ready-made pizza dough)...
Stuffed chicken breast pockets Preparation approx. 20 minutesGrilling approx. 25-30 minutes Ingredients: 3 slightly larger chicken breast fillets 1 tablespoon chicken seasoning 1 tablespoon olive oil broccoli 4-6 mushrooms 60 g shaved cheese salt/pepper/pepper...
Bagels Working time: 15 minutesResting time: 75 minutesTotal time: about 110 minutesRecipe for 6 Ingredients: 180 ml warm milk 1/2 cube yeast 10 g sugar 320 g flour 25 g soft butter 1 teaspoon salt 1 egg white to coat sesame seeds, sunflower seeds or pumpkin...